Friday 3 April 2015

Auckland to Shanghai

Auckland to Shanghai

We left Auckland at midnight in the dark on the Dreamliner. Now the sky has noticeably lightened in the east, with some of the glorious oranges of sunrise. We still have two and a half hours to go before we reach Shanghai but with 8000km behind us that doesn't seem so far. I don't actually clear customs there- apparently with my luggage all checked through I just stay in the international transit area. I only have two hours and then I am due to leave onboard my Swiss Air flight for a second 12 hour haul to Zurich.

I have dozed a little bit on this flight so don't feel too bad, though I had to tell myself not to get too uptight when the man next to me was snoring while I sat there awake. Story of my life on planes!

No comments:

Post a Comment