Thursday 16 April 2015

En route home...

I am sitting at the Fossato railway station, waiting for my train back to Rome.... It's homeward bound.... Bye bye Umbria. It's been superb getting to know you...
Now I am on the train... I had no idea how exciting I would find this train ride- it's allowed me to re-live my journey a little! We stopped at Nocera Umbra, and then as we were leaving, I saw the track that I had come downhill on! Then we whizzed through a couple of little stations that I think were in valley villages I walked through.
I have been re-breathing where I went. The leaves might be slightly greener, but other things remain. I have walked up the hills again, seen the houses and old churches perched on high. I have walked alongside the olive groves, and seen people in there pruning the branches. I've seen spring blossoms. It's been a short but precious time.
Now I am back in Rome. Arriving at Termini in rush hour was an experience: last time I was here I think many of the Romans had gone elsewhere.
And so the end cometh to this blog. Arrivederci!


8 comments:

  1. Fantastic trip and wonderful blog posts as usual. Thanks Margaret and safe travels back home.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Am currently sitting in Hong Kong airport. Have just Changed into warmer clothes for the more wintry conditions at home, but these long trout feel too warm for Hong Kong today!

      Delete
  2. What an inspiring journey.. beautiful photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay. Have lots more. Will have to edit down a selection before I show anyone! In Hong Kong airport now.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos Margaret. Have had time, at last, to have a good browse, and reminisce. Made me feel "homesick" for Italy. Hope you're not feeling too cold now you're back in the Southern Hemisphere. Well done! Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too cold yet- the return of some sunshine seemed to greet me at home today! Got all my laundry washed and dried. Now I understand how hilly Italy was for you, but I think you had even bigger challenges!

      Delete
  4. Hi Margaret, I just had to reread your blog. Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip. I am looking forward to your upcoming selection of photo's! Regards. Dolfina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be a while yet Dolfina.... still getting over jetlag and am back at work!!! Might try to organise them a bit over the next few weekends...

      Delete